Youth Ministry Coordinator--Volunteer Position
Please contact Pastor MJ if you are interested in this position.
Volunteer Staff Position
Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Identify and recruit adult volunteers for the middle school, high school, and confirmation programs of the church, including the annual high school mission trip.
- Provide training to adult volunteers in youth ministry practices and skills. Training will include training in the abuse prevention policies of this church.
- Identify outside training opportunities and recommend these opportunities to youth leaders as necessary and appropriate.
- Engage in his/her own ongoing training in practices and skills.
- Convene quarterly youth ministry leadership meetings, for the purpose of planning, scheduling, mutual encouragement, and prayer.
- Keep a master calendar of youth events, to insure that no scheduling conflicts occur. Provide the Church Secretary with a monthly calendar, as well as any changes, for inclusion in the bulletin and Mid Week Messenger.
- Complete administrative jobs in support of youth ministry activities, including, but not limited to, registrations, correspondence, and payment for services.
- Maintain appropriate social media accounts to reach youth and their parents.
- Prepare and present an annual budget to the Finance Team and Session.
- Set goals within each ministry to ensure that every ministry is involved in evangelism to the unchurched.
- Invite 2 people to church and have one evangelistic conversation each quarter.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Adhere to the Polity and Essential Tenets of Theology of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
Download PDF for this Position